The VH Berlin e.V. was founded in 1924 as an association for joint applied research for German baker’s yeast manufacturers and developed into a specialised service provider for the international yeast industry.
As a neutral, third party test lab, we support yeast manufacturers striving to achieve reliable quality of baker’s yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) and products derived from it.
Our activities include:
- Product quality analyses for yeast manufacturers and suppliers
- Applied research in our pilot plant and on-site
- Qualification by training personnel, cooperation and consulting
- Information and documentation
The Research Institute for Baker’s yeast comprises three labs, providing product specific quality analyses for fresh, compressed and instant active dry yeast, molasses and sugar syrups based on methods which have been evaluated and established for a long time.
Our members gain benefits from:
- our international members’ network and working parties for cooperation
- reduced participation fees at our annual international “VH yeast conference on advances in
- science and technology of baker’s yeast production”
- access to literature and our patent search database “VH-Report”
- access to applied research (subsidies/projects)
VH Berlin e.V. is member of the German Association of Industrial Joint Research Institutes (AIF e.V./IGF) and the Research Association of the German Food Industry (FEI e.V.) and it is authorised to apply for public subsidies for research projects.