AiF / IGF funded joint applied research projects
Being a member of the AiF e.V. association, VH Berlin e.V., implemented joint, AiF funded applied research projects with partners from the German and European yeast industry since 1975.
Projects outlines are presented to the VH technical advisory board and reviewed by AiF peers. Project reports are available in German, project abstracts in English when requested.
Topics of joint applied research:
- Strain selection and conservation for storage
- Growth and phenotype performance of Baker’s yeast
- Raw materials for yeast production
- Process optimisation
- Fermenter design and parameters
- Yeast quality improvement
- Cost savings due to reducing process water and energy consumption
- Ecological aspects of yeast production